Pages

Thursday 13 May 2021

Punctuation

 What is a full stop and when does it get used?

A dot is used for a finishing sentence. 


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a full stop.

  • (Sentence 1)  I played with my little brother at the park.

  • (Sentence 2)  We used to go to the beach.

  • (Sentence 3)  I loved my family so much.


What is a question mark and when does it get used?

A question mark is for when someone is asking a question.


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a question mark.

  • (Sentence 1)  Can i go to the Toilet?  Please

  • (Sentence 2)  Can i go shower? 

  • (Sentence 3)  Can we go to my Nana’s house?


What is a speech mark and when does it get used?

A speech mark is when someone is talking.


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a speech mark.

  • (Sentence 1) “Come here” said Miss Tuia

  • (Sentence 2) “If you don’t come here I am going to smack you” said Mum   ( JOKE )

  • (Sentence 3) “Fetch dog” said the Owner


What is a comma and when does it get used?

A comma is used to separate.


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a comma.

  • (Sentence 1) I love to eat Sandwhich, eggs, banana and lollies.

  • (Sentence 2) I want to go to my Cousin’s house, Nana’s house and Ucle’s house

  • (Sentence 3) For dinner I want to eat Rice, Chicken and eggs with tomato sauce



What is an exclamation point and when does it get used?

A Exclamation mark is when someone is yelling or shouting



Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of an exclamation point.

  • (Sentence 1)  I WANT TO GO TO THE TOLLET!

  • (Sentence 2)  I HAVE TO GO SHOWER!

  • (Sentence 3)  HURRY UP!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.